With the UK Trout Season in full swing, its time to get your Fly Boxes filled and ready to go fishing. The Olive Adult Midge is a classic wet fly that works very well throughout the entire season. This green bodied wet fly is often used in the middle or on the point of a wet fly cast and it works well as a single fly on stillwater venues. These Midges are most commonly found when it starts to rain and throughout the year, there will be plenty of that especially in the UK, so get tying a few of these all-season flies and get out fishing.
All of the materials needed to tie this fly are available from Glasgow Angling Centre as listed below, but as always, if you need any help finding materials or substitutes then we'll be happy to help. Time to tie an Olive Adult Midge, with the guidance of Davie McPhail.
- Hook: Tiemco TMC2457 #14
- Thread: Uni 8/0 Chartreuse
- Rib: Fine Silver Wire
- Tag: Chartreuse Uni-8/0 Thread
- Body: Olive Bleached and Dyed Pheasant Tail from Veniard
- Thorax Cover: Large Opal Mirage Tinsel
- Thorax: No.6 Orange Glo-Brite Floss or Similar and Olive Rabbit and Lite-Brite Mixed
- Wing Tips: White or Grey Cock Hackle Points
- Hackle: Whiting Light Dun Hen