This week we have something different, from another well known Fulling Mill Fly Tyer: Paul Clydesdale. He is tying the Clydesdale Stealth Jig which is a Pike Fly, designed for going slightly deeper than normal Pike Flies. The Stealth Jig gives an exaggerated jigging action which both Pike and Zander will find hard to resist. Cast out allow the fly to sink then strip gently through the water. Pause and allow to drop again and "hold on". The Stealth Jig is a great fly to use when all other methods have failed and an alternative approach is needed.
All of the materials needed to tie this fly are available from Glasgow Angling Centre as listed below, but as always, if you need any help finding materials or substitutes then we'll be happy to help. Time to tie a Clydesdale Stealth Jig Pike Fly, with the guidance of Paul Clydesdale.
- Hooks: Partridge S3 ACS Attitude Streamer Predator Hooks
- Thread: Mono Clear Thread
- Body: Polar Flash, Crystal Flash, Red Antron Body Yarn, Mirage Crystal Flash, Uses Craft Fur but can be substituted for Veniard Synthetic Yak in Colours White, Grey and Green.
- Glue: Fulling Mill World Class Superglue
- Bead: Veniard Bead Chain
- Resin: Fulling Mill UV Glass Resin
- Eyes: Fish Skull Living Eyes
Purchase these and the other Clydesdale signature flies on our website or instore.