the famous Hardy Bros factory in Alnwick! This series of brand new 4 ½in Salmon size Perfects will be individually numbered and engraved with one of six of the world’s most iconic Atlantic Salmon rivers. We are now taking orders for the Limited Edition Hardy Perfect 10/11/12 Salmon Fly Reel for the Tweed, Gaula, Dee and Alta rivers. Contact us now or ask instore to secure yours, contact us for a list of available numbers here! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE REELS NOW!
The six rivers recognised by this Limited Edition reel will be the Tweed, Tay, Spey, Dee, Gaula and Alta. Each river will have just 100 individually engraved and serial numbered reels. Each reel is hand built in the original factory built by the Hardy family in the mid 1960’s and home to some of the finest fishing tackle ever made!
Perfect Rivers Series will be fitted with dual polished nickel rotating line guards to prevent line wear and allow the reel to be used either right hand wind or left hand as preferred. An ambidextrous, fully adjustable click check mechanism using an improved version of the time proven 1972 central line check system can be found on these limited edition Perfects, which works by lengthening the regulator spring wire to increase the range of resistance means you can easily set the reel up to suit your individual need, whilst retaining that traditional ‘Hardy sound’ that every reel manufacturer has been trying to replicate for the past 100 years or more.
Limited Edition River Series Perfects will be supplied in presentation box with a black rigid leather reel case with stud/slit closure and red felt lining, embossed with the classic Hardy Bros. ‘Castle and Fly’ emblem. Also included is a certificate of authenticity, signed by the craftsman who built the reel, a booklet on the history of the Hardy Perfect fly reel, reel manual and care directions plus warranty card.
- Commemorating six iconic Salmon fishing rivers - Tweed, Tay, Spey, Dee, Gaula and Alta
- Individually engraved and serial numbered 1-100 pre anodizing
- Takes Spey lines in the 10/11/12 category with plenty room for backing
- Reel width 2in - Diameter 4 1/2in
- Dual polished rotating line guards
- Made in Alnwick, England
- The all time classic fly reel for the discerning traditional fly angler
- Engineered and hand crafted from bar stock aluminium with a naval brass 1 piece spindle
- Ivorine handle and stainless steel ball bearings
- Standard arbor design and large line capacity
- Time proven, adjustable check system with that traditional ‘Hardy sound’
- Deep anodised for strength and durability; polished gunmetal grey finish
- Easily changed from left to right hand wind
- Supplied in limited edition leather presentation box with a unique Hardy turn screw tool
A limited number of reels will be available from Glasgow Angling Centre and Edinburgh Angling Centre and will be sold on a first come first served basis, please click HERE to buy now - don't forget to ask what numbers we have available. The Tweed and Gaula reels are available to buy now with the other reels to follow in the coming months - Alta and Dee in 2020, then Spey and Tay in 2021 - watch this space for updates as they come in!