We are now taking pre-orders for the new Limited Edition Hardy Hotspur Cascapedia 10/11 Salmon Fly Reel. Contact us now or ask instore to reserve yours, a list of available numbers will be available very soon and the reels will be due for delivery by the end of June 2017! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE REEL NOW!
The new Hotspur Cascapedia is a limited edition Hardy reel made to celebrate 950th anniversary of the Percy family. Commissioned exclusively by the The Duke of Northumberland, The Hotspur is based on the legendary Hardy Cascapedia reel of the 1930’s. This reel is exclusively designed and built by Hardys in Alnwick, England.
Reel 001 of 150 was released to The Atlantic Salmon Trust to auction off at their Gala Dinner on the 25th May 2017, the reel fetched an amazing £55,000, a world record for a reel sold at auction! This phenomenal sum will go towards helping the charity continue their vital work. A proportion of the monies generated from the remaining 149 reels will also be donated to both the Atlantic Salmon Trust and Salmon & Trout Conservation.
- Only 150 limited edition Reels will be created
- The Hotspur Cascapedia will feature a brushed gold anodized cage and drum in bar stock 6061 aluminium
- The drag wheel will feature the Percy Coat of Arms, a prancing lion, blue on gold
- Modified side plates feature a three badge design and improved drag system
- Badges to the outer will feature production number, fin and fly logo and reel makers mark (P Lundy)
- Reels will be protected in rigid leather stud/slit closure case with debossed Percy Coat of Arms
- Each reel is packaged in a premium presentation box.
- The presentation box includes an inner tray box with 6 hand tied “Hotspur” fly's designed by The Duke of Northumberland's own Ghillie, Gerald Binovec,
- Exclusively designed and built in Alnwick, UK
William de Percy, a descendant of Viking raiders, left Normandy with William the Conqueror and started a dynasty in the north of England. In 1309 his descendants bought Alnwick Castle and, 708 years later, Percy’s continue to live there and play a major role in the town of Alnwick where in 1837 the Hardy Brothers set up their now world famous fishing rod and tackle manufacturing business. Since then, Hardy's have played an equally important role in Alnwick as well.
Hotspur Cascapedia reel was numbered 001 of only 150 of this model which will be made in the Hardy factory in Alnwick. The reel sits protected in a full leather hard reel case made exclusively by Pringle of Scotland, encased commemorative outer presentation box. As a final homage to the Percy family, Hardy have included 6 hand tied “Hotspur” Salmon flies bearing the colours of the famous knight, designed, developed (and tested) by the Duke of Northumberland’s North Tyne ghillie, Mr Gerald Binovec.
HERE to buy now.