LuckyLaker WiFi Fish Finder, priced at just £129.99, is a cheaper alternative to the Deeper and has its own unique features! Compatible with most iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets, the LuckyLaker uses a reliable WiFi connection to beam information back to your device. The unit can even be used with up to 5 devices simultaneously which can be a great benefit when fishing with friends!
The LuckyLaker works in fresh or salt water in depths from 0.6m up to 45m - thats almost 150ft - and also measures the surface temperature and displays it on your device. You can expect around 5 hours of operation from a single charge and it's wet switch means it only uses minimal power while out of the water. The robust sonar unit is designed to be tethered to your boat, float tube or kayak or you can tie a large snap swivel to your line, clip the unit on and cast it into your swim! Reeling the sonar unit in slowly with the rod tip in the air will send detailed info about the depth and bottom contours, temperature, structure, fish size and location back to your smartphone or tablet device - essential information for any serious angler!
The LuckyLaker Fishfinder is very easy to operate! Unscrewing the cap on the transducer will reveal the power button, charging port and operation LED's. The unit is charged using the supplied USB cable and can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. A red LED will indicate that the unit is charging and one it goes out it is fully charged. If you press the power button once, the unit will turn on and a blue LED will indicate this - it is best to wait 10 seconds or so before connecting your device to the units WiFi network just as you would do if you were connecting to a home or office WiFi network. Then screw the waterproof cap back on tightly and we are ready to go fishing! There is even a clear cap provided so you can see the bright blue LED indicator for fishing at night!
LuckyLaker App is much simpler than the Deeper equivalent, but still has all the features you really need from fishfinder. Once the free WiFi Fish Finder App is installed on on your device, you will need to follow the simple steps in the instruction booklet to activate the sonar unit - you will need to do this just once with every new device you add the unit to for the first time. The App menu is very simple with an Operation Mode to use the fish finder, a very handy Demonstration Mode perfect for learning how to use the unit and a button for Parameter Settings so you can set up your fish finder to your own requirements. Your device needs to be running Android 2.1 and up or iOS 4.3 and higher to ensure that the App will operate correctly.
WiFi Fish Finder App uses the high quality display on today's smartphones and tablets to show clearly the water depth and temperature, battery status and signal strength, the contours of the bottom and of course any fish that might be there including their depth and comparative size. Everything the angler needs to see at a glance is on screen in a plain and simple format!
LuckyLaker WiFi Fish Finder is available to purchase from Glasgow Angling Centre now but with limited stock arriving before the Christmas rush we will be selling these on a strictly first come first served basis! Order yours instore or online to beat the rush and guarantee you get one before the next delivery in 2015! Click HERE to order now!
Of course you should always be careful when using your expensive smartphone or tablet near water so we would always recommend you use a waterproof cover or case - there are loads on the market! It is also a good idea to carry a mobile power bank to recharge your gadgets while on the move too!
Deeper or the LuckyLaker or just want to know more about them, please contact us here at the GAC! Please bear in mind that most of our top picks for Christmas this year are going to be in short supply so we recommend you act sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment! We also have hundreds more great gift ideas for the fisherman in your life on our website - or if you need help to find that perfect present just call us or ask instore for expert advice on what to buy your loved one!
- ► 2016 (268)
- ► 2015 (358)
- Keep Fishing in Winter with The Stillwater Dryther...
- The GAC Winter Fly tying Weekender!
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Fat Browni...
- The Jump Roll Cast by Andrew Toft
- Savage Gear 2015 Catalogue - Online Now!
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Waterworks...
- The Luckylaker WiFi Fish Finder Arrives @ GAC!
- Look Sharp in the Weird Fish 1/4 Zip Drop Needle T...
- Choosing Christmas Fishing Gifts at Fishingmegasto...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Pike on th...
- Click and Collect now Available at GAC!
- Stillwater Roving Stool with Backrest
- Introducing the UK made Hardy Duchess Fly Reel!
- Revive The Clyde Campaign Angler Meetings!
- Pike and Predator Fishing Open Day @ GAC - Saturda...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Chew Forty...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Lucky Lobs...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Line Thru ...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Baltic Sea...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - PB Pike!
- Savage Gear Adrenaline Super Braid Savings
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Pollan Pik...
- The Water Wolf Camera is Now in Stock @ GAC!
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Kayak Perc...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Lea River ...
- November 2014 Fish of the Month Entry - Fishponds ...
- October 2014 FOTM Winners!
- ▼ Nov 2014 (27)
- ► 2013 (433)
- ► 2012 (568)
- ► 2011 (366)